(Sorry in advance for this slight abuse of Planet KDE, but I figured we might have a few Stockholm readers here.)
EDIT: I found a great thesis project through this post, yay!
I’m currently in my fifth year of the Computer Science program at KTH Royal Institute of Technology (time flies!), and I’m looking for a master’s thesis project this spring.
A little bit about me:
- 30 years old.
- Moved to Stockholm with my wife in 2010.
- Keen interest in programming and software engineering.
- Two-times participant in Google Summer of Code (Summer of 2009 and 2011).
- Built an application level proxy in Java/Vert.x (Summer of 2013 and 2014).
- Keywords: Linux, BSD, C, C++, Qt, Java, Python, Shell, Git, SVN.
Courses I’m taking at KTH this term include
- Computer Organization and Components
- Patterns for Large-scale Development
- Program System Construction Using C++
- Management of Technology
Topics covered include: digital circuits, C and C++ development, software engineering principles, design patterns, testability and maintainability of software, and project management. In the past I’ve taken courses on operating systems, databases, distributed systems, computer security and compiler construction.
As for thesis topics, I’m very much open to suggestions. I’m a hacker at heart, and I do love building things and seeing them used by other people, be they fellow programmers or end users. Being a master’s thesis project, it should of course be carried out in a scientific manner, and be followed by a thorough report.
Does your company have something you need built? An idea you would like to try out or something you want evaluated? Don’t hesitate to contact me at removed because of spam and we can discuss. I’ll send over my CV, including references, and a full results transcript for my completed courses.